To enhance the public’s understanding of the responsibility and duties of surveyors, the cartoon design competition is organised for HKIS members to conceptualise the job / role of surveyors of six divisions and present them in cartoon characters. The winning design will be used in future promotional materials of the Institute.
HKIS members of all membership class and divisions
- The cartoon design is to represent the surveyors in the six divisions of the HKIS, i.e. Building Surveyors, General Practice Surveyors, Land Surveyors, Planning and Development Surveyors, Property and Facility Management Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors.
- Each participant can submit entry for one division, or up to six divisions.
- Each participant may submit more than one entry, but only one prize can be won in each division.
- The entry can be in the form of drawings or graphics.
- Each entry must include a brief description (no more than 300 words, either in Chinese or English), illustrating the design concept.
- All entries must be presented in A4 (210mm x 297mm) document size, in PDF format with 300 dpi output resolution.
- Entries of scanned or photographed hand-drawn works will not be accepted.
- Hard-copy prints and editable digital files (eg. ai, psd format) of the shortlisted entries will be requested at a later date.
- The entry will be assessed based on its originality, creativity, aesthetic quality and reproducibility.
- The decision of the Judging Panel will be final.
There will be one winner for each of the 6 divisions. A total of 6 prizes will be given with a cash prize of HK$3,000 each.
8 May 2017
The winning results will be announced on the HKIS website and Facebook page in August 2017. Winners will also be notified by email individually.
For further information and enquiries, please contact
Tel: (852) 2526 3679