Gathering Point : 10:15am at G/F of Lui Seng Chun, No. 119 Lai Chi Kok Road, Kowloon
Lui Seng Chun was built in 1931 under the ownership of Mr. Lui Leung. The ground floor of the building was occupied by a Chinese bone-setting medicine shop named “Lui Seng Chun” while the upper floors became living quarters for members of the Lui family. It has been left vacant since 1980 and the ownership of the building was transferred to the Government in 2003. The building has been deteriorating and, hence, requires maintenance from time to time. In 2008, the Government invited NPOs to apply for adaptive re-use of selected government-owned historic buildings in the form of social enterprise (SE) under the Revitalization Scheme.
Lui Seng Chun is a typical ‘Tong-lau’ (Chinese tenement) building,featuring deep verandahs and a stone plaque bearing the Chinese name of themedicine shop at the top of the building. The building has been accorded a Grade 1 status by the Antiquities Advisory Board (AAB) in recognition of its architectural merit and the historical significance of the site. HKBU was selected by the Government to undertake the preservation and revitalization works to adapt Lui Seng Chun into the HKBU Chinese Medicine and Healthcare Centre for the promotion of Chinese medicine.