ZCB, Hong Kong’s first zero-carbon building, is a signature project to showcase state-of-the-art eco-building design and technologies to the construction industry and to raise community awareness of sustainable living. The aim is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and hence carbon footprint in the long run.
The ZCB project was developed at an extremely fast track programme. It was completed in 14 months from design to handover. The project also adopted the management contract procurement method.
The building was awarded the Grand Award in the “New Building under Construction in Hong Kong” category at the Green Building Awards 2012.
In this CPD, Marian will share with you her project management experience in ZCB on:
- the challenges as a project manager to meet client’s objectives;
- programme control in tight schedule;
- cost control with items that are pioneer in the industry;
- implementation of management contract procurement method;
- how the team are worked together to bring the project to success.