General Guidelines for Practising as a
Professional Quantity Surveyor
1. Should have sound knowledge in:
- construction technology
- project procurement methods
- commonly used standard forms of contract
- commonly used standard methods of measurements
- preparation of relevant documentation during the project
- cost data relevant to the construction industry
- subject areas commonly encountered during the project
procurement process, such as construction insurance, project
financing and dispute resolution.
2. Have an analytical mind, act fairly, with high regard for
personal integrity, and continuously updating himself or herself
with the latest developments in relevant aspects of the
3. Observe at all times the Rules of Conduct of the relevant
professional institute to which he or she belongs.
4. When supervising technical subordinates, always encourage
good professional practice and require high standard in the
quality of the work.