Profile of Employment
Building surveyors are employed both in the private and public sectors or engaged in private practices serving employers of different concerns. The Government is the biggest employer of building surveyors, which hire almost 50% of our corporate members, followed by surveying firms and developers, with 17% and 13% respectively.
Government Departments and Quasi-Government Agencies
- Buildings Department
- Housing Department
- Architectural Services Department
- Home Affairs Department
- Hospital Authority
- Urban Renewal Authority
- Mass Transit Railway Corporation
- Hong Kong Housing Society
- Institute of Education and others
Developers and Others
- major and other property developers;
- Tung Wah Group of Hospitals, English School Foundations, Academy for Performing Arts and others.
Building surveyors are employed in local private practices and major international property consultants offering comprehensive building surveying services. A list of firms offering the services could be obtained from the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors.